Week By Week
- Course Introduction: Discuss the course objectives and outline.
- Entrepreneurship in Historical Perspective: Explore the transition from agriculture to commerce.
- Exemplary Entrepreneurs: Highlight influential entrepreneurs like those behind Facebook and Microsoft.
- Online eCommerce: Present the annual worldwide growth of online marketing from 2001.
- Understanding Products and Solutions: Analyze the importance of developing a comprehensive understanding of products or solutions.
- Targeting Customers: Explore strategies for identifying the appropriate target audience for a product or solution.
- Teamwork for Product Development: Initiate collaborative work among students to develop a product or solution.
- Researching Payment Systems: Focus on researching and understanding payment systems, including options for international payments.
- Domain and Keywords Research: Introduce the concept of domain selection and keyword targeting.
- Web Research and Hosting: Guide students through the process of researching web hosting providers and selecting an appropriate website.
- Setting Up Hosting Account and Website: Provide instructions on setting up a hosting account and website, utilizing either a free option or instructor-provided hosting. Introduce the WordPress framework.
- Search Engine Optimization: Teach techniques for optimizing websites for search engines.
- Link Building and Website Promotion: Explore strategies to build relevant links and promote websites. Continuation from Week 7.
- Continued Focus on Link Building and Website Promotion.
- Outsourcing with Freelancer Sites or Forums: Introduce platforms for outsourcing tasks and projects.
- Registration on Freelancer Sites: Guide students through the process of registering on freelancer sites.
- Suggest Offering Jobs on Freelancer Sites: Encourage students to consider posting job opportunities (gigs) on freelancer platforms.
- Website Enhancement: Expand on website development by adding products and plugins to improve site security and optimization.
- Introduction to Social Media: Explore the use of Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram for business purposes.
- LinkedIn Profile Creation: Instruct students to create profiles on LinkedIn.
- Online Networking: Encourage students to connect with students from universities in other countries.
- Evaluation and Assessment: Conduct evaluations and assessments to measure student progress and understanding of the course material.